About East Cliff Church
East Cliff Church is a member of the United Reformed Church, a mainstream denomination formed by a union of the Congregational Church, The English Presbyterian Church and the Church of Christ.
The United Reformed Church combines its commitment to the Reformed tradition with a passionate belief that all God’s people should be one. It seeks to work with Christians of all traditions and is committed to theological and cultural diversity. It has declared itself a multi-cultural church, rejoicing in the gifts of members from across the world and seeks to hold together a wide variety of theological understandings; the valuing of different thoughts helps the church understand the wonder of God.
The Mission Statement of East Cliff Church is shown at the foot of this page.
Who’s Who at East Cliff Church?
Mrs Linda Pain, Church Leader & Secretary. Linda is an accredited lay preacher and is the recognised Church Leader; she is able to officiate at weddings, baptisms and blessings, funerals (contact her on 01202 290046 about these).
John Tout, Church Treasurer and Elder. Phone 1202 391277.
Mrs Frances Young, Assistant Church Secretary and Elder.
Mrs Jean Swindlehurst, Flower Secretary and Elder.
Alan Aldis, Church Organist.
Mrs Linda Caley, Junior Church Leader.
David & Frances Young, Christian Aid Representatives.
John Tout & Vinay Christian, Church Magazine Editors.
Howard Pain, Church Officer / Caretaker.
If you'd like to get in touch with us, please leave us a message on the Contact Page.
Services and Other Activities
Please see our activities page.
Our Mission Statement
- Our Church bases its life around the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- We the congregation of East Cliff United Reformed Church demonstrate the love of God through our public worship and outreach work in the community.
- We value the family of the Church.
- We value the extended families of our congregation and nurture our children and young people in their spiritual lives.
- We work with other Christian groups and encourage working together in all aspects of Christian life.
- We support local groups and aim to have our Church live and be alive through our encouragement to them and we aim to allow God’s spirit to lead and challenge us.
- We support overseas projects and people.
The Church Hall and a selection of rooms of various sizes are available for hire for meetings, seminars and other activities for morning, afternoon, evening and all-day sessions. Contact the Church Leader for more details.